Are you a coffee lover looking for a new twist on your daily cup of joe? Have you ever tried chocolate covered coffee beans? Not only do they add a delicious chocolate flavor to your coffee, but the combination of caffeine and chocolate can provide a boost of energy and improve your mood. Plus, they make for a fun and tasty snack on their own.
Making chocolate covered coffee beans at home is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. Here's how to do it:
- 1 cup of whole coffee beans (Our Faviroutes include Chocolate Praline Flavoured Coffee & The Honduras SHG Coffee for this recipe)
- 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil (optional)
- Start by heating a small saucepan over low heat and adding the chocolate chips. Stir constantly until the chocolate is completely melted. If the chocolate is too thick, you can add a teaspoon of vegetable oil to thin it out.
- Next, add the coffee beans to the pan with the melted chocolate and stir until they are evenly coated.
- Remove the coated coffee beans from the pan and place them on a sheet of parchment paper to cool.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, your chocolate covered coffee beans are ready to enjoy!
You can store the chocolate covered coffee beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. They make for a tasty and energizing snack anytime of day.
Give this recipe a try and let the chocolate and coffee combination tantalize your taste buds. Happy snacking!